The council of Imams in Badagry, Lagos state on Sunday, 2nd of December, 2018 hosted the Lagos state Governorship Candidate of the Alliance For Democracy ( AD) at the Badagry central mosque.
The event was mainly a seminar tagged ‘The people involvement in the management of Lagos common wealth’ and Chief Owolabi Salis was invited specially as the Guest of honour and speaker of the day.
This was due to the fact that over the years, he has been known to always stand for the people, the less privileged in the society.
While speaking at the event, Chief Owolabi Salis stated that there has been a lot of neglect by the government in time past against Badagry and its environs especially in the areas of good roads due to fraud despite the fact that they are historic lands in Lagos state.
He made it known that though he travels abroad often, Lagos is his home because he grew up in Lagos, had his education and degree in Lagos. Hence, no part of Lagos is strange to him.
However, he made it known that Badagry will have a new look once he attains power because he is after shunning contractual fraud in Lagos.
He also asked Lagosians to shun vote buying and vote for candidate whose loyalty is for the people not for an individual.
Furthermore, the council of Imams prayed victory for him after which he donated prayer mats to the chief imam of Badagry and to all the league of Imams in Badagry
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23