As parts of its Corporate Social Responsibility, the Junior Chambers International, Rockcity chapter has donated educational materials and a signpost to Ansar-ud-deen Main primary School, Kemta-Ilawo, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The items donated included set of furniture, books, Biros, pencils and socks.
The President of the chapter, Ambassador John Soyoye said the gesture was done with the intention to encourage the pupils to face their studies.
Soyoye who was accompanied by former of the body, Ambassador Adekunle Babatunde stressed that they believe in sound education of the pupils for them to be a better person in future.
The SDG Chairman of the body, Ayodeji Ajayi said the SDG goal 4 which talks about quality education is very paramount hence the reason the body donated the materials.
He said the body don’t want the children to have any reason to study, insisting that they want embarked on the project in order to make sure the pupils learn under a good condition.
Ajayi said if the atmosphere is conducive, the pupils would assimilate easily.
He said “We are doing this in line with the SDG goal 4 which is about quality education for all.”
” We are distributing 1,500 books, Biros, pencils, socks to 345 pupils. We want them to face their studies squarely “.
The Chairman of the Parent Teachers Association (PTA) of the school, Taofeek Akintoye thanked the JCI for the kind gesture.
He therefore pray for the peace and development of the body.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23