By Solanke Ayomideji Taiwo
PROMINENT Nigerians, including first class traditional rulers, notable politicians from the two major political parties, namely the All Progressive Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Saturday converged on the historical town of Ede, in Osun State for the 10th year coronation anniversary of Timi of Edeland, Oba Munirudeen Adesola Lawal (Laminisa 1).
Though the celebration of the coronation anniversary of the lecturer-turned monarch had been a weeklong activity, Saturday’s event held at the permanent orientation camp of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was the climax of the celebration.
Addressing the crowd that thronged the ceremony, the chairman of the planning committee, Professor Siyan Oyeweso stated that activities, commemorating Timi’s 10th year on Timi’s ancestral throne were significant, considering the steady developmental strides and social economic growth that was being witnessed since Oba Lawal ascended the throne.
He commended prominent Ede sons and daughters, including friends of the ancient city for their invaluable contributions to the growth of the town, adding that they should not relent until Ede attain its pride position among the great and historical cities in Yorubaland.
Prominent traditional rulers, who graced the occasion include the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Babatunde Adeyeye Ogunwusi (Ojaja II), the Orangun of Oke Ila Orangun, Oba Adedokun Abolarin (Aroyinkeye 1), Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Owa Ajero of Ijero Ekiti, Oba Joseph Adewole Adebayo, Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi Esuwoye II,Oba Saheed Elegushi and host of others.
The list of key politicians include the deputy governor of Osun, Mrs Titi Laoye Tomori, who represented the state governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, former deputy governor of Osun State and erstwhile chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Iyiola Omisore, Honorable Rotimi Makinde, who was honoured with a chieftaincy title, Hon Famurewa, senator Omoware among others.
Nolywood actors and actresses also rally support for Honorable Rotimi Makinde, led by former ANTP Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Ajala Jalingo, Segun Adegbite, Fala Omoboriowo, Seyi Edun, Femi Johnson, Bimbo Akinola, Taiwo Hassan among others.
Reception was well handled by Princess Lanko who was the master of ceremony at the newly installed Bobajiroro of Ede Kingdom house, which is situated at Ife in Osun State, while other dignitaries showcase their talents in solidarity for Honorable Rotimi Makinde and wife.
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours