The governorship candidate of Advanced Allied Party, (AAP) in Ogun state, Prince John Adegbola has declared that his primary concern is to put the state on the path of sufficiency through massive investment in power, qualitative education, accessible health care, agriculture and infrastructure with a technology driven administration.
The 35 years old trained teacher and human resource expert from Ado-Odo/Ota local government stated this in an interview with our reporter.
He explained that within his four years in office, his government would have taken 25% of the population off the national grid by exploring alternative sources of power, especially from solar energy while 26% of the total budget of the state as recommended by UNESCO would be deployed to fund education.
Adegbola pledged that health care and welfare of the citizens would also be greatly improved upon with the children and the aged enjoying free health care services.
Promising to run a technology driven administration, the governorship candidate reiterated commitment to investing in agriculture making it a money spinning venture and employment generating sector just as it was before the oil booming period.
He said “we will be focusing on massive empowerment for all residents and human capacity development across board. We shall harness both the human and natural resources of the state to make her a cynosure of all eyes. I foresee an Ogun State that will be competing with nations and not just Nigerian states. We shall ensure an equitable and fair distribution of government resources across the state”.
Speaking on infrastructural development, Adegbola said ” this is an ongoing thing especially for developing economies like ours, so we can’t say we’ve got it all.
However, we also need to focus on human capital development, education, healthcare, job creation and welfare. I believe in equity and fairness, hence I shall ensure the equitable and fair distribution of state resources across board”.
“I shall also ensure that the impact of government is felt in the hinterlands.
Infrastructure provision will be provided on need basis and not to massage government’s ego”.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23