AGovernor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State Monday threw guests at the 81st birthday of former President Olusegun Obasanjo into laughter when he advised the celebrant to stop writing letters.
This is coming as the former President said one of his sad memories is the early death of his parents who could not reap the fruit of their labour.
Governor Amosun, while delivering his goodwill message at the event held at Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, also advised the former President to slow down on his activities.
Describing Obasanjo as a lover of Nigeria and a true nationalist, Amosun said the history of African continent would remain incomplete without the former President.
He said, “Love him or hate him, there’s something nobody can take away from him, he’s a true nationalist, Baba loves Nigeria and I know that there’s absolutely nothing he wouldn’t want to do for Nigeria.
“Even beyond the sores of Nigeria, if you start counting, Baba would be one of the best three giant of Africa, many of whom are now longer with us.
“There’s no way the history of our nation Nigeria and the continent of Africa would be written without the prominent mention of Baba.
“When they were praying for Baba, they said 120 (years) and I said 100 (years) is okay. But Baba, when you live to that age, don’t write letters, don’t write ooo; because Baba would continue writing when he lives till 120 (years), please don’t write oo! That is Baba for you.
“Please reduce your activities, you’re not getting young anymore. Baba, please slow down, you’re not getting younger anymore; we are not saying Baba should be indoors because he would die, but while you’re doing something, please slow down because we still want to have you around for many years.”
The former President, who was very thankful to God, attributed successes recorded in his life to loyal and committed aides.
According to him, mentioning his achievements of life without mention of his aides would be an unpardonable omission.
He said, “When people talk about my achievement, not mentioning or remembering that I wouldn’t have been able to achieve anything all by myself alone. I believe it could amount to a various serious omission because many of those who worked with me worked loyally, worked committedly and some of them are still doing so up till today.
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours