As part of its effort in addressing the neglect and stigmatization of children living with Autism face, daily, GTBank has created a short film “A MOTHER KNOWS” to raise awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in Nigeria.
The film tells the story of a young boy growing up with autism and the impact of the condition on his family as they raise him.
According to the WHO, 1 in 160 children live with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) worldwide. In Nigeria, however, the condition is hardly diagnosed, rarely understood and children with ASD often suffer neglect and stigmatization. To address these challenges, GTBank launched the Orange Ribbon Initiative to support children and adults living with Autism and other developmental disorders.
The film, “The mother knows” was designed to help Speak up against the stigmatisation of people living with Autism and other developmental disorders.
For more information, please visit: Visit www.gtbank.com/autism to learn more about Autism.
Adron Homes Unveils SuperStar Musician Yinka Ayefele as Brand Ambassador
First Bank Splashes Scholarships Worth N2.7m On 18 Customers
Multiple birth is difficult in rearing, seek for support. .., IWS president
IGANDO HOUSING SCHEME, SANGOTEDO, OTHERS READY IN SIX MONTHS- AMBODE
LEGALITY OF MARIJUANA IN NIGERIA: A LEGAL OPINION -Kayode Ajulo, PhD
Cover Of The Week
- Committee Against Torture closes Sixty-Sixth Session May 17, 2019
- UNMISS gives a boost to judicial processes in the Jonglei area (Gideon Sackitey) May 17, 2019
- South Sudan Situation Report, 17 May 2019 May 17, 2019
- Global platform on disaster risk reduction: we need a drastic change of course May 17, 2019
- The United Nations Office for West Africa and the Sahel (UNOWAS) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) reinforce cooperation to empower women peacebuilders in the region May 17, 2019
- UAE helps release of four civilians held captive in Libya May 17, 2019
- H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed receives South African counterpart May 17, 2019
- U.S. State Department hosts “Ethiopia Partnership Forum” May 17, 2019
- Mitigating displacement due to Climate Change, Disasters a Risk Reduction Priority, International Organization for Migration (IOM) says May 17, 2019
- Minister of State Müntefering on the return of the Stone Cross of Cape Cross to Namibia May 17, 2019
Uncategorized3 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
BREAKING! 2018 YORUBA MOVIE GIST AWARDS NOMINEES LIST FINALLY OUT
Crime1 month ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others