The Lagos West Senatorial Zone on Friday passed a vote of confidence on Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode, endorsing him to go for a second term.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that party leaders from the zone, led by Chief Rabiu Oluwa and other members endorsed Ambode at a special assembly in Ikeja.
Other prominent APC members and government officials present include the Deputy Governor, Mrs Idiat Adebule, former deputy governor, Mrs Sarah Sosan, state party chairman, Chief Henry Ajomale, Sen. Olamilekan Solomon (Lagos West) and a former minister, Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro.
Sen. Ganiu Solomon; National Woman Leader of the party, Chief Kemi Nelson; Commissioner for Information and Strategy in the state, Mr Kehinde Bamgbetan, and members of the state assembly including, Mr Bisi Yusuf (Alimosho 1) were also at the event.
The party chairmen of the 28 local governments in the senatorial zone were also present at the forum, where Ambode was endorsed via voice vote.
A political drama played out at the venue when supporters of Olamikekan, who had been nursing a gubernatorial ambition in Ogun state and those of Obanikoro tried to outdo one another in a sort of supremacy battle over who should represent the zone in the Senate in 2019.
Olamilekan arrived the venue minutes after commencement with horde of supporters carrying posters and banners with uniform inscription “No vacancy in Lagos West, we want you back as our Senator”.
Not wanting to be outdone, Obanikoro ‘s supporters, armed with “Obanikoro for Lagos West Senatorial Zone” banners, joined Olamilekan’s supporters on the stage, each chanting the names of their candidate.
The situation delayed the programme for about 45 minutes as party leaders and security agencies had a hectic time to control the supporters of the two politicians.
Both Obanikoro and Olamilekan later stood up to control their supporters, who then retreated to their positions, but not without making occasional chants to drive home their choices…”
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours