The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has alleged that the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari is plotting to kill him and many other people in Rivers State as part of their grand plan to snatch the state from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Gov.Wike stated this in an exclusive interview with Premium Times. He vowed to resist all attempts by the APC to rig the 2015 general elections in Rivers State like they did in the recent governorship election in Ekiti State.
“It won’t happen in my state, but I know they will kill a lot of persons. I can tell you they will kill a lot of us. No problem, this is the sacrifice we have to make for democracy to thrive. Even those who will kill also know they have children, they don’t know who will come after their own children. You can be a major-general, you kill people, you don’t know who will come after your children tomorrow”.
Wike vowed to con http://sahara.test/mtn-sues-cbn-agf-over-8-1billion-fundstinue to fight against the many impunity of the APC led government even if he ends up sacrificing his own life.
According to Him;
“Everybody must be ready to make sacrifices, and in doing this it could take your life. That’s life!
I have told my wife and children, this is where we have found ourselves. This is a bloodthirsty government.
I see myself that I may not be alive. It is obvious. The government is determined, they have made up their mind, but we are ready to die. We must stand up for the truth.
They have the instrument of coercion, they can send in the army to overrun a place. This is a government that doesn’t care; it is not a democratic government, it is a dictatorship in civilian uniform. I do know that I may not likely be alive. But should I be cowed when I know that my time will come when it will come? Look, my attorney-general came to see me and I told him that he has to travel out for medical check-up. And he died, I never saw him again. Did you know he would die? Death will come when it will come. We must face reality, and that’s the point we have reached in this country. Whether you are in your house, the government will come after you, whether you are in the kitchen the government will come after you, whether you are in the office the government will come after you.
This government is out to eliminate people who say no. And that is why I keep saying that the international community is not doing enough, by now they should have revoked the visa of some of the people who are opposed to democratic rule and rule of law in this country. This government is bent on eliminating key opposition leaders”.
Governor Wike also alleged that as part of the plot to use the security agencies, especially the police to rig the elections in 2019 in Rivers State, the federal government has perfected plans to promote certain individuals who will do the job for them.
“Okay, let me tell you this: they are promoting my commissioner of police to become assistant inspector-general of police, they are promoting the deputy commissioner of police to become the commissioner of police, and the SARS man who took the Rivers state government to court, who have perpetuated election-rigging in the state, even by INEC report, and they are going to make him in-charge of police operation in the state. This is just for the purpose of the 2019 elections in the state. And they think we don’t know”, Wike said.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23