What’s meant to be, like the saying goes, will definitely always find it’s way to fruition. When Tomike Junad, the 21 years old Irish born Nigerian girl stepped on the stage to thrill the wife of the former US President, Mrs. Hillary Clinton with a song during one of her historic visits to the Republic of Ireland, little did she know that life is what happens to us while we are busy making other plans.
After her brief stint in music and having shone like a million stars after that epoch making performance for the visiting US top shot, the beautifully talented Tomike took a short break to equip herself and fulfil her belief that education is the foundation upon which we build our future.
Being the only key to unlock the golden door of freedom, Tomike who’s a daughter of a Nigerian born female Irish banker, Tina Akinola Junad got serious with her studies until she successfully pursued a degree in Law from one of Irish prestigious tertiary institutions of great learning.
The 21 years old baby lawyer who has been able to delve into neo-soul, soul, R&B, Jazz and Afro Swing musics soon found her way back to the entertainment world. Her debut single she titled, On The Low drops this Thursday, April 4th, 2019.
The single reflects a new side of the promisingly talented Tomike that has never been expressed, and which depicts a Soul and R&B feel to it. The song is about putting love over pride whilst attempting to fix conflicts in a relationship, as she does so with a soothing melody and heartwarming lyrics. Tomike is also set to release an EP this summer 2019, titled Stages of Love.
With her unique voice and super rendition, Tomike endeavours to bring a new style into the Irish music industry with her EP “Stages of Love” where she is influenced by artistes such as Jorja Smith and Mahalia and how their sound make people feel in terms of vulnerability and raw emotion within their music. The tracks, according to her are set on reflecting the emotions she felt whilst going through different stages of being in Love whilst in a relationship.
UBA Rewards 20 more Customers with N30m in Wise Savers Promo
Oba Olateru-Olagbegi: A patriot and astute custodian of cultural and traditional values – Obasanjo
Easter: Sanwo-Olu greets Christians, preaches love, selflessness
Breaking: Snakes chase Liberian President ‘George Weah’ away from his office
Ugandan Couple Arrested For Screaming During Sex, Land In Court
Cover Of The Week
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Approves US$118.2 Million Rapid Credit Facility Assistance to the Republic of Mozambique in the Wake of Cyclone Idai April 19, 2019
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund April 19, 2019
- Attack on International Rescue Committee (IRC) supported hospital in DRC leads to loss of life; IRC Ebola responders caught in violence April 19, 2019
- EU endeavours to bridge people through art April 19, 2019
- EURAFRICAN FORUM 2019: António Vitorino, Director General for the International Organization for Migrations – UN Migration Agency (IOM) confirmed to address about the migration dialogue between Europe and Africa April 19, 2019
- Rugby - Zambia: Bhubesi Pride Tours Zambia April 19, 2019
- Media Invitation To Group B U20 Barthés Cup Press Conference April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime1 week ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move