The Jigawa State police command has said a 40- year-old-man, Abdullahi Jafaru, attempted to commit suicide after his wife, Halima, refused to return home following a dispute.
According to a report by PremiumTimes, Abdullahi poured petrol on himself and set himself ablaze in Shunar, Kafin Hausa LGA of the State.
The Jigawa police spokesperson, Audu Jinjiri, said on December 31, 2018, Halima left her matrimonial home because of a misunderstanding with her husband. Jinjiri said attempts made by Jafaru to convince Halima, his first of two wives, to return were unsuccessful. The couple reportedly have six children together.
Not being able to convince his wife, a troubled Jafaru then poured petrol on himself and set himself ablaze. He was, however, rescued and rushed to the hospital. But while still on the sick bed receiving treatment, Jafaru has continued calling Halima’s name, even though his second wife remains with him at the hospital taking care of him.
Yike releases new single ‘Holy Water’
8 trailer load of rice, 23 vehicles, others intercepted by Seme command
Video: Police arrest Don Jazzy’s boys DNA twins in Lekki
Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft ‘Anuli Peggy Onyema’ Acquired By Air Peace
ChinneyLove Eze Hosts Celebrities to Pre-Release Party of ‘Hire A Woman’ Movie (Exclusive Pictures)
Cover Of The Week
- Dr Jackie King wins prestigious Stockholm Water Prize March 21, 2019
- African countries can do better with improved fiscal policy, says Songwe March 21, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Completes the Last Review of Extended Credit Facility for Ghana March 21, 2019
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities reviews the Report of Senegal March 21, 2019
- WHO sending urgent health assistance after Cyclone Idai displaces thousands of people in Southern Africa March 20, 2019
- Africa Climate Week Signals Continent’s Huge Investment Opportunity March 20, 2019
- Cyclone Idai: UN allocates $20 million in emergency funding, as full extent of disaster continues to emerge March 20, 2019
- FAO and Ministry of Agriculture Formulating Future Scenarios 2050 of Livestock Production Systems March 20, 2019
- UK to provide extra £12 million in UK aid for survivors of Cyclone Idai March 20, 2019
- South Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum Encourages Refiners and Traders to Take Part in Upcoming Crude Tenders March 20, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours