No fewer than 54 houses have been razed and several persons rendered homeless in a communal clash that ensued between Mbamar and Ugambe communities in Konshisha LGA of Benue State over a piece of land.
The clash, according to reports, has been on for more than three months but escalated during the weekend when youths from Ugambe community allegedly attacked a resident of Mbamar and butchered him.
Confirming the incident on Monday evening, ASP Moses Yamu, PRO, Benue State Police command said 22 persons have been arrested in connection with the crime while normalcy had been restored to the troubled communities.
“The Benue State Police Command wishes to report that following an attack yesterday by hoodlums from Mbamar-Awajir Community on Ugambe people, both in Konshisha LGA, an early morning operation was conducted by a Reinforcement Team deployed to the area to restore sanity. This resulted in the arrest of twenty-two suspects, and the recovery of one Police Bullet Proof Jacket.
“The suspects will be arraigned in Court as soon as investigation is concluded.
“While appreciating the cooperation by well meaning people of the State, the Command would like to warn the general public, especially those miscreants fond of banking on situations to cause mayhem to desist from doing so, or face the full wrath of the law,” he said.
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours