Eight people died today in an accident involving a white Toyota Hiace bus and a blue Mack truck opposite Wichtech Roofing and Pipes on Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
Babatunde Akinbiyi, Public Relations Officer, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abeokuta. He stated that the accident was caused by speeding and wrongful overtaking on the part of the bus.
He said that seven of the passengers in the bus with registration number BEN-313 YX died on the spot while the eighth person died at the hospital.
“10 persons were involved in the accident five male and five female. Five male and two female died on the spot while one female died at the hospital. The suspected cause of the crash was a speeding commercial bus from Lagos to Benin which lost control and rammed into the truck with registration number MUS-730 XN travelling ahead. We also learnt that the passengers in the bus just came in from Spain and had chattered the bus to take them to Benin City,” he said.
The TRACE spokesperson explained that the dead had been deposited at the mortuary of the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu, while the injured were also in the same hospital. Clement Oladele, the Ogun Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), also confirmed the incident
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours