By Elvis Omoregie Benin
A Benin based activist, Comrade Samson Osiomwanta, on Tuesday, called on the state houses of assembly to promulgate law banning governors who have served their first term from seeking reelection.
He made the call in Benin while stating his reasons for indicating his interest to run for the governorship position in the state.
Osiomwanta said given governors who have served their first term the opportunity to seek re-election will not produce the best result because they would want to recoup what they have invested in their first election.
The activist said governors who know that they have only one term to spend in the office will always do his best to deliver on his electioneering promises.
He said if elected the governor of the state, he would want to be remembered for his developmental strides like the likes of late prof. Ambrose Alli and Samuel Ogbemudia whose great achievements have not been surpassed by any governors who have ruled the state.
While commending the state governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki for his developmental strides, said he can do better if given the chance.
According to him”I am not oblivion of the many problems associated with the state but I want to change the narratives.
“I think I foresee myself as the masses and a representive of the masses eyes.
“I can do that. I know what is going on in the street and I followed my people.
“Governance is beyond paying of salaries as and when due and construction of adjoining roads on like before where you can have some items such as notebooks carrying the logo of Bendel State but today, you do not see such”, he said.
He however promised to run a transparent government and also tackle the scourge of insecurity in the state through the help of community leaders.
UBA Rewards 20 more Customers with N30m in Wise Savers Promo
Oba Olateru-Olagbegi: A patriot and astute custodian of cultural and traditional values – Obasanjo
Easter: Sanwo-Olu greets Christians, preaches love, selflessness
Breaking: Snakes chase Liberian President ‘George Weah’ away from his office
Ugandan Couple Arrested For Screaming During Sex, Land In Court
Cover Of The Week
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Approves US$118.2 Million Rapid Credit Facility Assistance to the Republic of Mozambique in the Wake of Cyclone Idai April 19, 2019
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund April 19, 2019
- Attack on International Rescue Committee (IRC) supported hospital in DRC leads to loss of life; IRC Ebola responders caught in violence April 19, 2019
- EU endeavours to bridge people through art April 19, 2019
- EURAFRICAN FORUM 2019: António Vitorino, Director General for the International Organization for Migrations – UN Migration Agency (IOM) confirmed to address about the migration dialogue between Europe and Africa April 19, 2019
- Rugby - Zambia: Bhubesi Pride Tours Zambia April 19, 2019
- Media Invitation To Group B U20 Barthés Cup Press Conference April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime1 week ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move