Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is currently the number one trending topic on Nigerian twitter. This is because of the political developments in the state.
Ambode who picked up his APC governorship nomination form yesterday Monday September 10th, is said to be on a collision course with the APC National leader and former godfather, Bola Tinubu. .
According to reports, the former Lagos state governor and national chairman of the ruling party, has reportedly asked the state governor to forget about his plans to seek re-election.The Cable reports that Ambode is being threatened with impeachment proceedings if he fails to back out from the governorship election. Tinubu has reportedly anointed a former Commissioner under Babatunde Fashola, Ambode’s predecessor, Jide Sanwonolu as the ”incoming governor of the state”. .
Sanwonolu is the current managing director of Lagos State Property Development Corporation (LSPDC).
Sanwonolu picked up his APC nomination form today September 11th. Sanwonolu was joined by members of the Mandate Movement, a group fiercely loyal to Tinubu.Over 50 council chairmen loyal to Bola Tinubu have reportedly met and pledged their support to Jide Sanwonolu .
Some Nigerians on twitter are saying that for Ambode to save his political career, he needs to immediately defect to the PDP where it would be advised the party fields him as their consensus candidate
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23