Interestingly, The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Party (APC), Prince Dapo Abiodun was, moments ago, endorsed by President Muhammadu Buhari at the just concluded Presidential Rally in Abeokuta.
The National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomole, also presented the symbolic party flag to Abiodun at the well attended rally, which was also witnessed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, some former and serving state governors and party executives.
In his speech, President Buhari thanked the people of Ogun State for the support given to him in 2015. He reeled out his achievements in the areas of combating insurgency, fighting against corruption, and so on; just he promised to do more.
Against the violence that preceded his arrival at the venue, during which several members of the APC were injured and chased out of the stadium by thugs allegedly sponsored by the State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, President Buhari warned that the choice of who to vote for “is a fundamental human right of the people and that there should be no problems about that at all”. He posited that people should be allowed to freely express their choice by voting their preferred candidate.
Ogun APC Apologises
The Ogun State Caretaker Committee led by Chief Yemi Sanusi tenders unreserved apology to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari over the gross misconduct, indiscipline, disrespect and disorder perpetrated by agents of Governor Amosun today at the MKO Abiola Stadium.
Governor Amosun, using thugs and other urchins wrecked havoc on members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress for wearing yellow vests and caps of Dapo Abiodun.
The thugs at some points, were personally led by Governor Amosun, who was seen on a video that has since gone viral, removing A-Boards and other campaign materials of Dapo Abiodun from the venue. Also members of the Caretaker Committee were debarred from mounting the stage by Amosun’s thugs with obvious compromise of some security agents attached to the Governor.
The unruly acts, not only embarrassed the President and his entourage, but have actually embarrassed the whole people of Ogun State at home and abroad, who have since been expressing their disbelief and disdain.
While tendering this apology, we are happy that the Department of State Security Service and other agencies have details of the sad events, which we urge them to submit to the Presidency.
Ogun APC Executive Caretaker Committee
DSS Withdraws Invitation To INEC National Commissioner
With God, I can be bigger than Tiwa savage, Olamide, others — PROMISE
‘Buhari is showing his true colour with Death threats’ – Atiku
Application for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme closes March 1
PVC-Naija To Hold Seminar On Next Lagos Governor
Cover Of The Week
- Sixteenth UN - AU Joint Task Force on Peace and Security held in Addis Ababa February 18, 2019
- Ethiopia and Djibouti’s renewed resolve for cooperation and economic integration February 18, 2019
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update February 18, 2019
- An European Union (EU) road project in Eritrea February 18, 2019
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
Uncategorized4 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized4 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23