By Michael-Azeez Ogunsiji, Abeokuta
Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State loyal to Senator Olamilekan Adeola popularly known as Yayi on Tuesday defected to the Alliance of Democracy (AD) in Ogun State.
At a press conference held at the NUJ Press Centre, Iwe-Iroyin House, the APC faction, known as De-Democrats said they were leaving the party for AD due to the alleged undemocratic practices of the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.
The defectors headed by former APC Senatorial Chairman, Ogun Central, Engr. Kunle Adeshina confirmed that, Senator Olamilekan Adeola had been excused from the governorship race in Ogun State, adding that, members of De-Democrats are moving to the new party to continue their agitation for internal party democracy in the state.
Engr. Adeshina while addressing journalists at the Iwe-Irohin press centre, accused Governor Amosun of unilaterally removing seven party chairmen who were duly elected at the 2014 party congress.
He said, having exhausted all avenues to find redress within APC without any success, members of the APC De-Democrats have decided to seek internal democracy in their new political party, Alliance for Democracy.
“It is important to state at this point in time that, Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola Yayi has decided to excuse himself from the governorship race in order to avoid engineering any crisis in Ogun State APC. However, we members of De-Democrats are determined to continued our agitation for internal party democracy and majority rule in the politics of Ogun State.
“De-Democrats in Ogun State is an assemblage of APC members who have been schemed out of the APC activities due to the undemocratic practices of the State Executive Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.
“One of such undemocratic practices of the governor is the unilateral removal of 7 party chairmen who were duly elected at the 2014 party congress. Having exhausted all avenues to find redress within the APC without any success, members of the APC De-Democrat have decided to take their destiny in their hands.
“Consequently, we unanimously resolved to exit the APC to a more democratic political platform which was one of the foundations of the current democratic organization being enjoyed in the country “.
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours