Story by, Elvis Omoregie Benin
Wife of the Edo State Governor Mrs. Betsy Obaseki has advised women in Edo State to get involved in the financial system of the country so that they will not be excluded from government’s health plans.
Mrs. Betsy Obaseki said this while delivering a keynote address on the topic Financial Inclusion in the Health Sector, at the second edition of the Edo Women’s Health Summit, put together by the Office of the Wife of the Governor of Edo state in Collaboration with the Edo State branch of the Medical Women’s Association of Nigeria and the Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) Midwest sector.
Mrs. Betsy Obaseki who is also the Head, Business Development Bank of Industry informed the women that she will channel all the Federal Government initiatives for women empowerment that will be implemented through the Bank of Industry to them. She urged them to open bank accounts and as well as mobile phones for them to be able to participate in the government programs.
Edo State Commissioner for Health, Professor David Osifo, said that the state government has commenced the rehabilitation of the Health Centers across the state to make accessing affordable healthcare closer to the people.
He revealed that twenty Health Centers are being rehabilitated in the first phase with at least one from each of the eighteen Local Government Areas.
Professor David Osifo said the Health Centers will be powered with Solar Energy while free drugs will be available for women and children. To ensure that the doctors and nurses are available to attend to patients.
According to him, Governor Godwin Obaseki has also devised a means of monitoring their activities right from his office using Information Communication Technology. He also revealed that the State Government is also embarking on the Contributory Health Insurance Scheme to make healthcare affordable for the people.
The President of the Edo state Branch of the Medical Women Association, Dr Lucy Eriba said the association decided to partner with SOGON and the Office of the First Lady because they realized that people were still dying of preventable diseases largely because of lack of awareness.
The Chairman of Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) Midwest sector, Dr Mojeed Momoh said that the association has been involved in advocacy to sensitize women and are carrying out free health screening and providing free drugs in the course of the event while commending the Wife of the Governor for supporting in making this possible.
The chairman of the Local Organising committee of the event Dr Anthonia Njoku said the program was carefully packaged to sensitize women from all works of life in the state on the issues of Financial inclusion for women and its role in advancing reproductive health, the HIV/AIDS pandemic, Family planning, Menopause and to address the myths surrounding Caesarean section.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23