Making the appeal in Lagos, the Chairman, Alaba Igbo Traders Association, Chief Valentine Obasi, described Ambode as a progressive who has transformed Lagos State beyond expectations.
According to Obasi, the governor’s performance has surpassed the expectations of many Nigerians.
‘’When Ambode assumed office, there was this initial fear about whether he would be able to step into the shoes of his predecessor considering the enviable record of the predecessor, but, against all expectations, Ambode took the challenge and, today, Lagos is a success story under him. That is why he has been winning awards. We should all support Ambode for second term so that he can transform Lagos into Dubai of Africa’’, the union leader stated.
He vowed to mobilize Igbo traders in Alaba and other parts of Lagos to vote for Ambode for second term, saying the support for the governor by members of his association was in recognition of his excellent performance.
‘’Look at the massive construction of roads. Today when you get to the Lagos toll-gate especially at night, you think you are in London or Paris. Look at the transformation going on in Osodi, Epe and other places. Nobody should deny him his dues”, Obasi said.
The market leader appealed to the governor to provide a security post in Alaba market in order to protect traders from harassment by hoodlums and touts.
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours