The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Party (APC), Prince Dapo Abiodun was, moments ago, endorsed by President Muhammadu Buhari at the just concluded Presidential Rally in Abeokuta.
The National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomole, also presented the symbolic party flag to Abiodun at the well attended rally, which was also witnessed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, some former and serving state governors and party executives.
In his speech, President Buhari thanked the people of Ogun State for the support given to him in 2015. He reeled out his achievements in the areas of combating insurgency, fighting against corruption, and so on; just he promised to do more.
Against the violence that preceded his arrival at the venue, during which several members of the APC were injured and chased out of the stadium by thugs allegedly sponsored by the State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, President Buhari warned that the choice of who to vote for “is a fundamental human right of the people and that there should be no problems about that at all”. He posited that people should be allowed to freely express their choice by voting their preferred candidate.
Ogun APC Apologises
The Ogun State Caretaker Committee led by Chief Yemi Sanusi tenders unreserved apology to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari over the gross misconduct, indiscipline, disrespect and disorder perpetrated by agents of Governor Amosun today at the MKO Abiola Stadium.
Governor Amosun, using thugs and other urchins wrecked havoc on members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress for wearing yellow vests and caps of Dapo Abiodun.
The thugs at some points, were personally led by Governor Amosun, who was seen on a video that has since gone viral, removing A-Boards and other campaign materials of Dapo Abiodun from the venue. Also members of the Caretaker Committee were debarred from mounting the stage by Amosun’s thugs with obvious compromise of some security agents attached to the Governor.
The unruly acts, not only embarrassed the President and his entourage, but have actually embarrassed the whole people of Ogun State at home and abroad, who have since been expressing their disbelief and disdain.
While tendering this apology, we are happy that the Department of State Security Service and other agencies have details of the sad events, which we urge them to submit to the Presidency.
Success Trendy Video :Delta Deputy Speaker,Friday Osanebi Dazzles Stephanie With N500k
COLLAPSE: LASG URGES OCCUPANTS OF DISTRESSED BUILDINGS TO RELOCATE
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Cassandra Amadasun Speaks on Why Atypique Signature is a Force to Reckon with
Stanbic IBTC celebrates its gender-balanced workforce, pledges to maintain it
Cover Of The Week
- Handshake for a Safer Maritime Sector March 25, 2019
- President of Zimbabwe Receives Credentials of Qatar's Ambassador March 25, 2019
- USAID Administrator Kicks Off Farm Productivity Project in Upper Egypt March 25, 2019
- South Sudan Minister of Petroleum in Visit to Qatar, Qatar National Bank to Support Energy and Infrastructure Growth March 25, 2019
- Tanzania Selects HID Global’s Solutions for Electronic Visa and Residence Permit Services in e-Immigration Program March 25, 2019
- USAID Administrator Celebrates Kom Ombo Temple Project March 25, 2019
- Mozambique: “Speed, quality and scale of response critical to preventing disease outbreaks” says IFRC Secretary General March 25, 2019
- New European Investment Bank - Bank of Kigali cooperation to support RWF 60 billion private sector investment in Rwanda March 25, 2019
- Africa Oil and Power launches the 2019 conference in Cape Town with a focus on deal making Across Oil, Gas and Power Sectors March 25, 2019
- European Union supports water development projects in Sudan March 25, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours