In the light of her endless commitment to ending Breast Cancer as a life threatening disease, through public education, patient support, advocacy and research, wife of Ondo State Governor, Arabinrin Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu has received a part on the back for giving so such to humanity.
The Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha (OON) gave the commendation in Owerri the Imo State capital while receiving in audience a delegation of members of Breast Cancer Association of Nigeria, BRECAN led by its founder and first Lady of Ondo State, Chief Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu who called on him at the Douglas house Owerri.
Governor Okorocha described Mrs Akeredolu’s commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness as uncommon and pledged the support of Imo State Government to the cause.
In his words “To say the least, we are proud of you and it is not common in our history for people to appreciate God for what God has done, usually we pray God to help us, but once we are helped we forget God, only very few come back to say to God thank you. BRECAN is a way of saying thank you God for saving your life 20 years ago, and you have not forgotten. Am sure you have gone for Thanksgiving one Sunday, and that is it, but everyday you continue to remember 20 years ago and you have continued to say what has happened to me, as horrible as it was, I do not want any other woman to share the same urly experience, that defines your person and your character. I like to assure you that Imo State Government will partner with you to fight this deadly disease called Breast Cancer.”
Governor Okorocha used the medium to advise Imo women to embrace the” early detection saves lives” message by adhering to the recommended one month periodic Breast self examination and let go of the misconception of Breast cancer being a spiritual attack rather than a medical Issue.
Earlier in her speech, the First Lady of Ondo State and daughter of the soil said they were in the state to raise awareness of the life threatening disease through a town hall approach, as one of the activities lined up to mark this year’s world Cancer day in Nigeria and to revive BRECAN Imo State established in 2008
Mrs Akeredolu was accompanied by the National President of BRECAN, Mrs Juliet Ogbogu, BRECAN Chairpersons of Oyo and Ondo State and the newly elected Chapter executives of BRECAN Imo State Chapter.
DSS Withdraws Invitation To INEC National Commissioner
With God, I can be bigger than Tiwa savage, Olamide, others — PROMISE
‘Buhari is showing his true colour with Death threats’ – Atiku
Application for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme closes March 1
PVC-Naija To Hold Seminar On Next Lagos Governor
Cover Of The Week
- Sixteenth UN - AU Joint Task Force on Peace and Security held in Addis Ababa February 18, 2019
- Ethiopia and Djibouti’s renewed resolve for cooperation and economic integration February 18, 2019
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update February 18, 2019
- An European Union (EU) road project in Eritrea February 18, 2019
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
Uncategorized4 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized4 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23