Connect Nigeria, in collaboration with Union Bank, one of Nigeria’s most trusted financial
institutions, has announced the release of the Top 100 Emerging SMEs list.
The Top 100 Emerging SMEs initiative which was launched in February at the annual Connect Nigeria eBusiness fair for Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs), aims to identify and celebrate some of Nigeria’s upcoming SMEs who have demonstrated laudable resilience by thriving in a challenging business environment.
At the preliminary stage of the process over 13,000 entries were received. The selection process to choose the final list of 100 emerging SMEs involved a combination of voters’ polls and an assessment of the SMEs by the consulting firm, Sawubona.
This was based on criteria including innovation, scalability and business sustainability seen by the existence of business company registration, effective book keeping methods as well as
branding and online presence. Over 27,500 votes were cast in the race to select the finalists.
The British Council and Lagos Chamber for Commerce and Industry (LCCI) were also part of the initiative set up to honour some of Nigeria’s top SMEs.
In addition to identifying and supporting some of Nigeria’s top SMEs, a major objective of the
initiative was to highlight to the SMEs the need for proper business structures and documentation
in order to build bankable and therefore, sustainable businesses.
Congratulations to the finalists!!
Click here to view the Top 100 Emerging SMEs list.
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours