The chairman of the Board of Trustees, BoT, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Walid Jibril has said it was the action of the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, that made the PDP donate former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio to the APC.
According to him, it was the response of the Acting President to the security siege at the National Assembly that made the opposition party allow Akpabio to go.
He, however, said that the PDP wants Akpabio to learn from the past.
He also said the PDP was happy “donating ” the former Senate Minority Leader, to the APC.
Walid said it was within his right to decamp to another party, adding that there were competent hands in the party to take over from him.
“The recent attempt to tamper with the legitimate function of the National Assembly by selfish individuals who attempted to block the Assembly should be condemned and appropriate action taken against the intruders,” Walid told reporters in Abuja yesterday.
“In this respect, the Acting President Osinbajo should be praised for taking a decision to do away with the DSS boss, promising that the situation will be further investigated.
“The purported resignation of our minority Leader, Godwill Akpabio is also an act of democracy.“Therefore, considering the recent action taken by Acting President Osinbajo, the PDP is happy to donate Senator Godwill Akpabio to APC through him with great pleasure, as we have many PDP Senators to do that job which has been upgraded to majority leader.
“On behalf of the BOT we wish Akpabio bye-bye and safe journey, advising him to learn from history especially from those that left us and are now returning in droves,” he said.
Kevin Mike Drags Belinda Effah, Fred Ebere to ‘House 10’
Amosun:Tinpot Emperor by Sam Omatseye
Clergyman Defiles Teenager in Lagos
Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe
Actor Baba Suwe Is Sick And Dying As His Colleagues Abandon Him
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
- Norway's Prime Minister, H. E. Erna Solberg, at the African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa 9-10 February 2019 February 18, 2019
- UAE leaders condole Egypt's president over victims of Sinai terror attack February 18, 2019
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) Egyptian Cotton Project to Pilot Cotton Sustainability Drive February 18, 2019
- Invitation to workshop and press conference on Comprehensive Action Plan to prevent grave violations against children in South Sudan February 18, 2019
Uncategorized3 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23