By Ifeoma Ikem
Following a recent video clips that went viral about a lady who run out of hotel in Ojo area of Lagos, remove her cloth and start bathing inside a dirty water channel, Lagos state detective has apprehended one Abdusalami Wasiu, alleged notorious Internet black mailer and armed robber.
The alleged suspect, who was also said to have been arrested in 2018,by SARS Operatives for Armed Robbery and possession of firearms, was then prosecuted, jailed same year but released from prison in an certain circumstances.
Known as ‘Spartacus’,has been on the run since he attempted but failed to extort and blackmail a popular Resort,
The New Planet Resorts, located at Aka Road , Ajangbadi,Ojo,Lagos. The suspect was alleged to have plotted, recorded and posted a false video of an unknown lady found in a dirty water channel , at church bus stop, Ajangbadi, which he manipulated to indicate and deceive the public that the incident happened at New planet Resorts premises.
Sahara weekly gathered from reliable police source that the suspect intention was to discredit the Resorts for an earlier refusal by the Management ,to allow him run an illegal toll collection point in front of the Resorts Main Entrance.
It was learnt that the man hunt for suspect, which lasted about two weeks,ended last Saturday, April 27th,2019,when credible information was said to have been received by Operatives from ilemba Hausa, police Division, that the suspect was sighted at a black spot in Ojo.
The DPO,SP kazeem Abonde, was said to have promptly despatched armed police men, who swooped on his hide out and bursted him out. After his arrest, eye witnesses reported that the suspect broke down in tears,begging the public for forgiveness over all crimes he confessed he had committed.
While pleading for mercy,he was said to have confessed to be responsible for the recording and internet posting of the false video clips to discredit the New planet Resorts.
Claiming that it was the devil that pushed him to crime,the Ogbomosho, Oyo state born suspect, appealed to the management of the Resorts to forgive him.
It would be recalled that in an earlier reaction in an interview with our reporter, the New planet Resorts management denied the entire content of the false video clips, warning perpetrators to desist from such false hood and campaign of colunmy. He would soon charged to court .
Apostle Omotosho Tope Joseph Celebrates Birthday
‘Naira Marley hasn’t been released – EFCC debunks rumours
Billionaire Tonye Cole’s Sahara Energy Declared Bankrupt Over N15b Debt
Gardner Beats SS3 Student to death in Lagos
I was wrongly detained unlawfully for 37days in police custody over what I never knew anything about… Hon Prince Ewenla
Cover Of The Week
- Invitation to the screening of an animated film Adama May 20, 2019
- Webinar: Project Opportunities in South Africa’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Market May 20, 2019
- Oral statement to Parliament on the Ebola crisis in DR Congo May 20, 2019
- UAE condemns terrorist attack on tourist bus in Cairo May 20, 2019
- UPDATED: Guterres condemns armed attack against UN peacekeepers in Mali May 20, 2019
- U.S. Firms will not be left behind as Energy Investments pick up in Angola’s Oil Sector May 20, 2019
- The Sudan - Impact of Early Warning Early Action May 20, 2019
- Somalia: $710 million needed to scale up drought response and avert a major crisis May 20, 2019
- Photo Exhibition on Fatherhood in Egypt and Sweden at Bibliotheca Alexandrina May 20, 2019
- U.S. Embassy, National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) hold Communications Workshop for Political Parties May 20, 2019
Uncategorized3 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
BREAKING! 2018 YORUBA MOVIE GIST AWARDS NOMINEES LIST FINALLY OUT
Crime1 month ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others