THE All Progressives Congress, APC, Governorship Candidate, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, yesterday, provided free petrol to commercial motorcycle riders in Ado-Ekiti. The free fuel supply was launched at Mobil Petrol Station along Ikere Road in Ajilosun with the riders forming long queues to benefit from the gesture.
Many of the beneficiaries decorated their bikes with the posters of Fayemi. They got five litres of fuel each in the scheme which continues today. The filling station was besieged by the riders as soon as the news spread that free fuel was being dispensed at the outlet. The APC candidate urged the riders not to collect transport fare from the commuters they would be conveying.
Fayemi’s appearance at about 10.45 am turned the filling station to a carnival of sorts as the riders hailed his gesture and recalled what he did for their unions during his first tenure. The APC candidate urged the riders to ignore allegation from the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, camp that he would ban commercial motorcycle operations if he wins the July 14 poll. He assured that instead of ban he would give the operators more incentives including soft loans, equipment and provide good roads to aid their operation. Recalling some of the goodies enjoyed by the riders during his first term, Fayemi revealed that he procured 280 motorcycles and 500 tricycles for them and gave their union a brand new bus. He added that his government which was in office between 2010 and 2014 gave the riders unions N150,000 monthly allowance for logistics and running of their office.
Fayemi also revealed that his first administration celebrated Okada Riders’ Day, for the first time in the state’s history and also provided 3,000 free helmets for their use.
A beneficiary, Segun Fowobaje, hailed Fayemi for the free fuel supply, which he said would add value to their business. Another rider, Wale Esan, assured Fayemi of the votes of the riders, describing him as the “true friend of the masses” adding his government did the best for them in the history of the state. A security aide to the APC candidate, Deji Adesokan, who coordinated the scheme said the gesture was to identify with the riders as important stakeholders in the state. Adesokan said the free fuel given to the riders was also to the benefit of commuters who would be conveyed free of charge.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23