Fidelity Bank Plc under the able leadership of Nnamdi Okonkwo is proposing a N3.2 billion dividend payout to shareholders. The payout followed the bank’s strong financial result for the year-ended December 31, 2018.
The bank posted a 4.8 per cent growth in Gross Earnings from N180.2 billion to N188.9 billion while Profit Before Tax soared by 30.6 per cent to N25.1 billion, when compared with the N19.2 billion it recorded in 2017.
Profit After Tax grew by 29 per cent from N17.7 billion in 2017 to N22.9 billion in 2018, while Operating Income rose by 13.9 per cent from N85.9 billion to N97.2 billion. Customer Deposit, which is a measure of consumer confidence rose by 26.3 per cent from N775.2 billion to N979.4 billion just as total assets grew by 24 per cent from N1.4trillion to N1.7trillion.R
“We are delighted by our 2018 numbers, which clearly shows a sustained performance trajectory. We are growing our market share with continued traction in our chosen business segments. We recoded double digits growth in interest income on our liquid assets, digital banking, FX and other income lines,” said Fidelity Bank CEO, Nnamdi Okonkwo.
“As seen in recent years, the bank’s digital retail banking approach has continued to yield positive results. Savings recorded its fifth consecutive year of double digits growth with a 27.7 per cent increase to peak at N228 billion. Savings accounts for over 23 per cent of our total deposits, an attestation of our increasing market share in the retail segment.”
Okonkwo was also enthused with the progress of its digital banking play stating that over 42 per cent of customers are now enrolled on the bank’s mobile/internet banking products and more than 81 per cent of total transactions done on digital platforms, resulting in 25 per cent of fee-based income, coming from digital banking.
Fidelity Bank Dazes Shareholders With N3.2 Billion Dividend
UBA Rewards 20 more Customers with N30m in Wise Savers Promo
Oba Olateru-Olagbegi: A patriot and astute custodian of cultural and traditional values – Obasanjo
Easter: Sanwo-Olu greets Christians, preaches love, selflessness
Breaking: Snakes chase Liberian President ‘George Weah’ away from his office
Ugandan Couple Arrested For Screaming During Sex, Land In Court
Cover Of The Week
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Approves US$118.2 Million Rapid Credit Facility Assistance to the Republic of Mozambique in the Wake of Cyclone Idai April 19, 2019
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund April 19, 2019
- Attack on International Rescue Committee (IRC) supported hospital in DRC leads to loss of life; IRC Ebola responders caught in violence April 19, 2019
- EU endeavours to bridge people through art April 19, 2019
- EURAFRICAN FORUM 2019: António Vitorino, Director General for the International Organization for Migrations – UN Migration Agency (IOM) confirmed to address about the migration dialogue between Europe and Africa April 19, 2019
- Rugby - Zambia: Bhubesi Pride Tours Zambia April 19, 2019
- Media Invitation To Group B U20 Barthés Cup Press Conference April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime1 week ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move