Interestingly, WorldRemit has gone into collaboration with Fidelity Bank Plc to provide instant money transfers to customers of the bank.
A statement from the bank explained that the new partnership further expands WorldRemit’s footprint in the country and allows the 15 million-Nigerian Diaspora to send money directly from their phones to recipients in Nigeria.
According to the statement, the deal supports WorldRemit’s plan to serve 10 million customers connected to emerging markets by 2020. It also noted Fidelity Bank’s commitment to digital innovation as well as the provision of convenience for its customers.
Commenting on the partnership, the Regional Director of Africa and the Middle East at WorldRemit, Andrew Stewart said: “Nigeria remains our largest and fastest growing market in Africa, and WorldRemit’s second biggest market globally.
“We are delighted to be partnering with Fidelity, a leading bank in Nigeria and a major player in the remittance business, to introduce its customers to our best in class online money transfer service, which offers a safer, faster and more cost-effective way to send and receive funds.”
On his part, the Chief Executive Officer of Fidelity Bank, Nnamdi Okonkwo said: “WorldRemit offers a low-cost way to send and receive money. The opportunity for our customers to receive money from over 50 countries in a quick, affordable and convenient manner with WorldRemit is in line with our promise to deliver a new standard of service in the financial services industry.”
Kevin Mike Drags Belinda Effah, Fred Ebere to ‘House 10’
Amosun:Tinpot Emperor by Sam Omatseye
Clergyman Defiles Teenager in Lagos
Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe
Actor Baba Suwe Is Sick And Dying As His Colleagues Abandon Him
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
- Norway's Prime Minister, H. E. Erna Solberg, at the African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa 9-10 February 2019 February 18, 2019
- UAE leaders condole Egypt's president over victims of Sinai terror attack February 18, 2019
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) Egyptian Cotton Project to Pilot Cotton Sustainability Drive February 18, 2019
- Invitation to workshop and press conference on Comprehensive Action Plan to prevent grave violations against children in South Sudan February 18, 2019
Uncategorized3 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23