Determined to ensure effective service to its customers, First Bank of Nigeria on Thursday unveiled its chat banking on WhatsApp.
Mr Chuma Ezirim, the bank’s Group Head, E-Business, said the application would enable customers leverage the real-time messaging capabilities of the WhatsApp Business Solution to check their account balance.
Ezirim said that customers would also leverage on the solution to perform simple banking queries.
He said in a statement in Lagos that the launch which took place on Aug. 1 was at its pilot phase and would be available to a select group of customers after which it would be made available to all customers.
“Customers expectations are constantly changing and it is our duty as a customer-focused bank to ensure that our customers are provided with the means to carry out banking services through any channel they desire.
“We are constantly seeking new ways and opportunities to meet customers at their preferred touch points and we understand our customers are actively engaged on WhatsApp.
“With First Bank chat banking on WhatsApp, it is not just about staying connected with friends and loved ones, but also keeping in touch with your bank anytime and anywhere you are,” Ezirim said.
First Bank is the premier bank in West Africa with about 14 million customer accounts and also provides a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services with over 750 business locations.
It has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) in London and Paris, FBNBank in the Republic of Congo, Ghana,
the Gambia, Guinea, Sierra-Leone and Senegal as well as a representative office in Beijing.
Kevin Mike Drags Belinda Effah, Fred Ebere to ‘House 10’
Amosun:Tinpot Emperor by Sam Omatseye
Clergyman Defiles Teenager in Lagos
Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe
Actor Baba Suwe Is Sick And Dying As His Colleagues Abandon Him
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
- Norway's Prime Minister, H. E. Erna Solberg, at the African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa 9-10 February 2019 February 18, 2019
- UAE leaders condole Egypt's president over victims of Sinai terror attack February 18, 2019
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) Egyptian Cotton Project to Pilot Cotton Sustainability Drive February 18, 2019
- Invitation to workshop and press conference on Comprehensive Action Plan to prevent grave violations against children in South Sudan February 18, 2019
Uncategorized3 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23