Expert Dutch farmers from the Netherlands have just completed comprehensive two-week training for Nigerian dairy farmers under the Farmer2Farmer programme organised by FrieslandCampina WAMCO, makers of Peak and Three Crowns milk.
Famurewa explained in a media statement issued in Lagos, “It is essential to us to have robust safety and health structures in place in our offices, on the field, in our homes and with our suppliers. This particular programme identifies potential hazards around dairy farms while proffering solutions to eliminating or minimizing such hazards, and ensuring that the farms are safe.”
Developed by expert Dutch dairy farmers, the farm safety training provides practical, easy-to-comprehend techniques which enable local dairy farmers run a safe and improved smallholding; beneficial both to people and livestock.
In addition to the Safety training, the farmers received training and advice on various aspects of dairy farming, such as feeding and watering, calf-rearing, milking hygiene and practice, milking machine maintenance, hoof care and housing and barn design.
The Farmer2Farmer programme, is a best practise model designed by FrieslandCampina for its Dairy Development Programme (DDP) whereby certified dairy farmers from The Netherlands, specially selected for the programme and intensively trained to prepare them for their missions overseas, share knowledge with local dairy farmer through on-farmer practical training.
The main goal of the Farmer2Farmer programme is to help local dairy farmers under the DDP improve milk quality and productivity.
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours