For Abdul Kalif Bakare and Abdul Quam Tadese, American born and based musical duo, having talent and making music is just the first step to stardom. Speaking to Squad Media Trick at the location of the set of their yet to be released single titled Nonsense, shot by Director Q. The duo revealed the mix and fusion in their unique musical genre which they claimed is a reflection of the multi-cultural and mix racial environment which they grew up in Southwest Alief of Houston,Texas to be precise.
Their genre of music they revealed is a fusion of Trap, American pop and Arabic Melodies and Traditional Nigerian Fuji music. This universal mix makes this talented duo ever ready to vibe to any beat even at the spur of the moment. It is this attribute they claim informed their stage and brand names which are GALAKTIQ , GF Universal.
For New York born Abdul Quam Tadese, coming to Nigeria aside already being in the American and European market apart from being an home coming is also a way to explore the universality of their music. He told Squad Media Trick that at the moment, what they have been doing is networking in the Nigerian musical industry| meeting executives, producers and artistes. This networking is already yielding results as the duo has already recorded a track in collaboration with Nigerian rave of the moment Olamide titled “Enough” Along with having many musical aspirations from a wide range across the globe, Abdul Quam though American born is firmly rooted and connected with his Isale Eko and Abeokuta roots.
For Abdul Kalif Bakare, arts has always been in his blood. Be it fashion or music, arts is his motivation. Though raised in Texas, this young man who revealed that his roots are in Shitta, Surulere has always been in love with Nigerian musical legends like Sony Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Wasiu Ayinde and Shina Peters. With this passion, he has always been culturally rooted in Fuji music.
Galaktiq who has released three tracks already currently on all music platforms; are looking forward to drop a four track EP called “SP4CE GEMZ” in late Feb or early March of 2018. The four track EP they disclosed will be a pure reflection of the multi cultural markets they aim to explore in Nigeria, America and Europe
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours