Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, is ruing his support for Adams Oshiomhole to emerge the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Imo West APC senatorial candidate bared his mind yesterday at the Orlu Township Stadium, while flagging off his campaign.
Okorocha said the national chairman, whom he christened “Oshi and Ole”, has shown unreliable character.
“My finishing governor as is not a full-stop. It is a comma because after every comma, a sentence will follow. Those who are afraid of me politically have ganged up to fight me, including the person I supported to become the national chairman. That is why they brought Hope Uzodinma. He is not running for any election, but was only recruited to fight me in my Orlu zone.
“I am also running for the Senate election to attract a lot of things for Orlu people. You have seen what I have done as a governor. When I go to the Senate, there will be a massive difference. Nzeribe, Izunaso and Uzodinma had wasted the position for years, as there is no project they can boast of in Orlu zone. They were only interested in their pockets,” the governor said.
He challenged his rival in the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Senator Osita Izunaso, to present what he did when he served the zone for four years.
“Please, ask Osita Izunaso what he has been able to attract to Orlu zone for the four years he spent in the House of Representatives and four years he spent as a senator, not even a bungalow was attracted to Orlu zone. So, he should go and sit down.
“I am very grateful to you all. I have never seen in my life a senatorial rally taking the shape of a national rally. The crowd here is intimidating and has humbled me. What I understand is that you are saying to me Rochas carry go; you are saying to me, go to Abuja.”
DSS Withdraws Invitation To INEC National Commissioner
With God, I can be bigger than Tiwa savage, Olamide, others — PROMISE
‘Buhari is showing his true colour with Death threats’ – Atiku
Application for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme closes March 1
PVC-Naija To Hold Seminar On Next Lagos Governor
Cover Of The Week
- Sixteenth UN - AU Joint Task Force on Peace and Security held in Addis Ababa February 18, 2019
- Ethiopia and Djibouti’s renewed resolve for cooperation and economic integration February 18, 2019
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update February 18, 2019
- An European Union (EU) road project in Eritrea February 18, 2019
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
Uncategorized4 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23