A former gubernatorial aspirant of ADP in Imo state, Chief Robert Opara sends his congratulatory handshake to Mr. Success Obioma who was declared winner of the gubernatorial primaries of the party.
Chief Opara’s message reads, “Good afternoon Chief. I want to congratulate you on your successful bid for the ADP’s gubernatorial ticket. Your hardwork paid off albeit through a most transparently flawed process, I wish you luck.”
Robert Opara opined that our present crop of political leaders, particularly at the states and local government levels, are breeding grounds for avarice, corruption, ineptitude, kleptomania and tunnel syndrome because they are not interested in governance. Leaders who emanate from this smokescreen called internal democratic process become ‘Lord of the Manor’ once they hold the reins of power because they are financially emasculated during the entry process.
Chief Opara strongly believes that the electorates expectations from the newly unblemished political parties like ADP, would be to tow the democratic line in choosing their candidates based on core competence devoid of bigotry and monetization of conscience.
ADP opted for the direct primaries process in electing candidates for various positions which invariably implies that all 305 wards and the 27 LGAs were supposed to be actively involved in the voting process.
Chief Robert Opara however observed that the process was disappointingly flawed as most local government chairmen were simply ‘asked to sign some concocted figures’ for monetary gains.
Most of them declined the offer while also refusing to return the booklets with the voting figures.
To the chagrin of contestants, the primaries preparatory template was skewed in favor of the eventual winner and simply conducted through underhand methods while it blindsided the other aspirants. I refused to complete the pre-primaries process because I knew that the leadership of the party was already biased and in sync with the winner.
At the moment, an existential crisis brews within the party as LG and Youths chairmen are threatening to quit the party as it is widely perceived that Theophilus Ezeala and Brian Agu sold out the party to the highest bidder. It is strongly believed that with the fraudulent emergence of Mr. Success Obioma, the party stands no chance of competing meaningfully against the existing political structure in the state.
For the benefit of inquisitive supporters and sponsors, Chief Robert Opara will soon declare his gubernatoeial intent on another political platform based on ‘INEC substituted opportunity window’.
Kevin Mike Drags Belinda Effah, Fred Ebere to ‘House 10’
Amosun:Tinpot Emperor by Sam Omatseye
Clergyman Defiles Teenager in Lagos
Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe
Actor Baba Suwe Is Sick And Dying As His Colleagues Abandon Him
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
- Norway's Prime Minister, H. E. Erna Solberg, at the African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa 9-10 February 2019 February 18, 2019
- UAE leaders condole Egypt's president over victims of Sinai terror attack February 18, 2019
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) Egyptian Cotton Project to Pilot Cotton Sustainability Drive February 18, 2019
- Invitation to workshop and press conference on Comprehensive Action Plan to prevent grave violations against children in South Sudan February 18, 2019
Uncategorized3 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23