Innoson has today admitted that there was no Supreme Court judgement against GTBank. After falsely claiming a victory at the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Chairman of Innoson Motors, Dr Innocent Chukwuma has admitted to completely distorting the directive of the Supreme Court and publicly apologized for spreading fake and malicious news. Innoson had earlier deleted his declaration on social media that the apex court has ordered GTBank to pay him N14bn within 14 days.
This was followed by a statement by his spokesman Cornelius Osigwe in which Innoson walked back from his false declaration stating instead that “There have been a lot of misinterpretations on the Press Release published by Innoson Group on the decision of the Supreme Court”. This retraction, judicial analysts believe, was advised by Innoson’s lawyers who fear that contempt of court charges on defaming the Supreme Court may be brought against the embattled businessman.
Last week Thursday, Innoson caused a social and online media storm by falsely claiming that the Supreme Court had ruled in his favour for GTBank to pay him N14bn. However, records of the court proceedings showed no such ruling. GTBank had also advised the public that Innoson’s claims were “false, mischievous and malicious”. “There was no directive or Order issued by the Supreme Court of Nigeria to the Bank to make any payment to any of its debtor Customers. We again reiterate that there is no iota of truth in the falsehood being peddled by desperate and mischievous elements and the General Public should disregard same in its entirety,” part of the Bank’s press statement read.
As facts on ground became clear that Innoson’s claim on social media was entirely false, the embattled businessman moved to silently delete the Fake News Tweet from his company’s Twitter Account. On Monday, June 11, 2018, innoson apologized for misleading the public. However, Nigerians did not take the company’s lies lightly.
“I cannot believe this, how can someone have total disregard for the highest court in the Land and go on a rampage spreading fake news. This Innoson and his team of lawyers and advisers have no shred of credibility” a Twitter user said. Another user, whose tweet appears below, lamented that Innoson had fooled Nigerians.
Yike releases new single ‘Holy Water’
8 trailer load of rice, 23 vehicles, others intercepted by Seme command
Video: Police arrest Don Jazzy’s boys DNA twins in Lekki
Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft ‘Anuli Peggy Onyema’ Acquired By Air Peace
ChinneyLove Eze Hosts Celebrities to Pre-Release Party of ‘Hire A Woman’ Movie (Exclusive Pictures)
Cover Of The Week
- Dr Jackie King wins prestigious Stockholm Water Prize March 21, 2019
- African countries can do better with improved fiscal policy, says Songwe March 21, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Completes the Last Review of Extended Credit Facility for Ghana March 21, 2019
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities reviews the Report of Senegal March 21, 2019
- WHO sending urgent health assistance after Cyclone Idai displaces thousands of people in Southern Africa March 20, 2019
- Africa Climate Week Signals Continent’s Huge Investment Opportunity March 20, 2019
- Cyclone Idai: UN allocates $20 million in emergency funding, as full extent of disaster continues to emerge March 20, 2019
- FAO and Ministry of Agriculture Formulating Future Scenarios 2050 of Livestock Production Systems March 20, 2019
- UK to provide extra £12 million in UK aid for survivors of Cyclone Idai March 20, 2019
- South Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum Encourages Refiners and Traders to Take Part in Upcoming Crude Tenders March 20, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours