Operatives of the Lagos State Central Business Districts enforcement unit has uncovered and dislodged a den suspected to be used by ritualists and criminals located around Onikan Stadium, descending to Army flag House, close to the Governors House, Marina, Lagos Island.
Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Central Business Districts, Mr. Olarenwaju Elegushi said the hideout was similar to previous criminal and ritualist hideouts discovered in various parts of the state some months ago by security operatives.
He said it was uncovered while carrying out Governors directives to clear the area of debris and refuse which had accumulated under the bridge and its environs.
Elegushi however, said no arrest was made but different items like: charms and dangerous weapons were discovered and cleared from the place adding that police authority and armed force settlement close to the area had been notified of the discovery for necessary action.
He said: “We received the Governors directives to clear the area of refuse and debris which had accumulated overtime and in the course of carrying out the directives, we uncovered the place which has been under surveillance for long.
He vowed that the office would leave no stone un-turned to dislodge criminal hideouts on the Island and make the Lagos Island business district safe for business transactions and leisure.
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours