The Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha has said the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adams Oshiomhole needs to learn how to talk in a way that will dignify the party.
Okorocha said this while lambasting the APC Chairman over his comments against some leaders of the ruling party.
Recall that Oshiomhole had on Wednesday described some state governors on the party’s platform as poor students of history.
Oshiomhole had spoken after receiving the APC women leaders from Edo State and Abuja, who paid him a solidarity visit in his office in Aso Drive, Abuja.
In a swift response, Okorocha said the former Edo State Governor should apply caution in the way he speaks about the party leaders.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, the governor urged Oshiomhole to learn from President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said, “We have not read Oshiomhole’s statement but I don’t think any National Chairman of a party can say such a thing. He should be advised on how he speaks. He can’t be attacking the leaders of the party.
“Take it from me, a party does not exist in a vacuum. There must be people to run the party. President Muhammadu Buhari has a high pedigree which Nigerians are happy of and Oshiomhole should learn from Mr. President.
“We have not read it anywhere but we insist that it is not the best way to treat members of the party. Oshiomhole should learn to talk in a way that brings dignity to APC”.
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours