By Ifeoma Ikem
Chairman Governing Board of the Lagos State Sports Commission (LSSC), Dr. Kweku Adedayo Tandoh has applauded the President and members of the International Women’s Society (IWS) for making sports number one priority in child upbringing.
He said that the International Women’s Society (IWS) Nigeria, has done a lot and has really come a long way when it comes to the development and support of the Nigerian child.
Dr Tandoh was represented by Mrs. Ifeoluwa Ogunlaja, the Chief Sporting Officer at the commission, told the IWS officials and the guests that sporting activities were very important in helping the child grow and develop physically, mentally while preparing them for a greater fulfilling future.
He advised the children to be God-fearing and respectful to their parents, teachers and elders while concentrating on their academic developments so as to attain the prize in the future.
IWS president, Nkoli Ogbolu said that sporting activities for the children are very important for their basic development physically and mentally.
According to her, everything starts from when children are young. We should all try to nurture these kids to have a good foundation in physical excerise and developed a good foundation especially when they are small.
Our day nursery hasn’t grown from a nursery school since 1963. We believe in nurturing them and taking them to other schools, but the difference is clear in the type of nurture we give them. We have to grow, and will kick off the primary section by September. We want to train them properly till we send them off to secondary school, she noted.
The 56th anniversary of April day event, of day nursery sports fiesta Yellow house of International Women Society, Nigeria (IWS) Day Nursery School, Yaba emerge winner with 19 points at the annual whilevBlue house came second with 17 points, Red and Green houses came joint third
UBA Rewards 20 more Customers with N30m in Wise Savers Promo
Oba Olateru-Olagbegi: A patriot and astute custodian of cultural and traditional values – Obasanjo
Easter: Sanwo-Olu greets Christians, preaches love, selflessness
Breaking: Snakes chase Liberian President ‘George Weah’ away from his office
Ugandan Couple Arrested For Screaming During Sex, Land In Court
Cover Of The Week
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Approves US$118.2 Million Rapid Credit Facility Assistance to the Republic of Mozambique in the Wake of Cyclone Idai April 19, 2019
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund April 19, 2019
- Attack on International Rescue Committee (IRC) supported hospital in DRC leads to loss of life; IRC Ebola responders caught in violence April 19, 2019
- EU endeavours to bridge people through art April 19, 2019
- EURAFRICAN FORUM 2019: António Vitorino, Director General for the International Organization for Migrations – UN Migration Agency (IOM) confirmed to address about the migration dialogue between Europe and Africa April 19, 2019
- Rugby - Zambia: Bhubesi Pride Tours Zambia April 19, 2019
- Media Invitation To Group B U20 Barthés Cup Press Conference April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime1 week ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move