The Palace of Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has refuted the news going viral that the revered monarch is set to take as wife the co-convener of Hope Alive, Miss Temitope Adesegun.
The news apparently sponsored by some unscrupulous elements is nothing but an element of farce and falsehood.
Reacting to the news, Prince Jide Fadairo, the CEO of House of Oduduwa Foundation and husband of Princess Folasade, the monarch’s eldest sister, said that was a fairy tale gone too far.
“Ooni’s marriage cannot be done secretly, it involves not only the Royal family, it involves Yoruba custom and a lot of elders and our tradition are to be taken into cognisance. Please dismiss the story, it is another fake news.
Another confidant and friend of Ooni, Mr. Muyiwa Leroy Afolabi said
” Kabiyesi will carry every Ile-Ife’s sons and daughters along whenever it’s time to pick another Olori (Queen)for us.
Let’s always verify the facts before sharing.”
The Palace notes with regret the claim and others provoking the most heated rumours of exotic voyage with the Royalty and dismisses it unequivocally.
The Palace advises the media to verify from the Palace before publication.
Prince Fadairo said the time is not propitious for the monarch who is immersed in the renaissance of Yoruba culture and promotion of the race’s customs and traditions globally.
“That’s not on His Imperial Majesty’s mind. Marriage is not something he wants to do right away. Many names have been bandied around but I can tell you they are all false, just like this case.”
Kevin Mike Drags Belinda Effah, Fred Ebere to ‘House 10’
Amosun:Tinpot Emperor by Sam Omatseye
Clergyman Defiles Teenager in Lagos
Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe
Actor Baba Suwe Is Sick And Dying As His Colleagues Abandon Him
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
- Norway's Prime Minister, H. E. Erna Solberg, at the African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa 9-10 February 2019 February 18, 2019
- UAE leaders condole Egypt's president over victims of Sinai terror attack February 18, 2019
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) Egyptian Cotton Project to Pilot Cotton Sustainability Drive February 18, 2019
- Invitation to workshop and press conference on Comprehensive Action Plan to prevent grave violations against children in South Sudan February 18, 2019
Uncategorized3 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23