The Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal continued sitting Thursday with the All Progressives Congress (APC) trying rationalise alterations of election results as reflected in the forms EC8As, submitted as exhibits by the Petitioner, Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke.
APC counsels led by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN) attempted to shift the legality of the alterations to the INEC ward collation agents and the provisions of the guidelines issued for the conduct of the election.
While the court admitted the INEC guidelines for the election despite PDP’s counsel’s Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu’s objection, the witnesses produced by APC failed to toe the line marked out by the APC legal team.
The witnesses all admitted that any alteration of the result should have reflected on the pink copy, and signed by all party agents at the polling centers, thus confirming that in most cases, the alterations did not reflect on the pink copies, party agents’ names/signatures were either not written at all or were forged.
The petitioner’s counsel were able to extract these facts from APC witnesses thereby buttressing PDP’s allegations and submissions that several election results were doctored to reduce the margin of PDP victory on September 22.
Another APC witness equally proceeded to confirm that the disparity between the pink and the purportedly certified true copies violated the INEC election guidelines.
The guidelines had stated that in case of any alteration of results at collation centres, such must be reflected on the carbonated pink copies. In several cases, it was not the case as confirmed by APC’s witnesses.
After taking three witnesses, lawyers to the APC abruptly stopped calling more witnesses when It was evident that the witnesses were inadvertently strengthening PDP’s case instead of theirs.
The tribunal continues sitting today.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23