The Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal continued sitting Thursday with the All Progressives Congress (APC) trying rationalise alterations of election results as reflected in the forms EC8As, submitted as exhibits by the Petitioner, Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke.
APC counsels led by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN) attempted to shift the legality of the alterations to the INEC ward collation agents and the provisions of the guidelines issued for the conduct of the election.
While the court admitted the INEC guidelines for the election despite PDP’s counsel’s Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu’s objection, the witnesses produced by APC failed to toe the line marked out by the APC legal team.
The witnesses all admitted that any alteration of the result should have reflected on the pink copy, and signed by all party agents at the polling centers, thus confirming that in most cases, the alterations did not reflect on the pink copies, party agents’ names/signatures were either not written at all or were forged.
The petitioner’s counsel were able to extract these facts from APC witnesses thereby buttressing PDP’s allegations and submissions that several election results were doctored to reduce the margin of PDP victory on September 22.
Another APC witness equally proceeded to confirm that the disparity between the pink and the purportedly certified true copies violated the INEC election guidelines.
The guidelines had stated that in case of any alteration of results at collation centres, such must be reflected on the carbonated pink copies. In several cases, it was not the case as confirmed by APC’s witnesses.
After taking three witnesses, lawyers to the APC abruptly stopped calling more witnesses when It was evident that the witnesses were inadvertently strengthening PDP’s case instead of theirs.
The tribunal continues sitting today.
Zenith Bank earns over N80 billion as trading gains in 2018
DSS Withdraws Invitation To INEC National Commissioner
With God, I can be bigger than Tiwa savage, Olamide, others — PROMISE
‘Buhari is showing his true colour with Death threats’ – Atiku
Application for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme closes March 1
Cover Of The Week
- Sixteenth UN - AU Joint Task Force on Peace and Security held in Addis Ababa February 18, 2019
- Ethiopia and Djibouti’s renewed resolve for cooperation and economic integration February 18, 2019
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update February 18, 2019
- An European Union (EU) road project in Eritrea February 18, 2019
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
Uncategorized4 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized4 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23