Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has commiserated with the family of Otunba Adeleye Akintola, a renowned activist and House of Assembly Aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who passed on Wednesday.
The Governor in a condolence message signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Yinka Oyebode, described the sudden death of the activist at a Lagos hospital as shocking and devastating.
“It is indeed a sad day for me and all lovers of democracy and good governance in Ekiti State, as we received the news of the passing of Otunba Adeleye Akinola, a very dynamic activist and democrat.
“His death came to me as a rude shock. Otunba Akinola was a very dogged fighter, committed activist and democrat who deployed his youthful energy positively towards just causes.
The Governor who noted Akinola’s strategic social media engagements said the late Afenifere Renewal Group member would be sorely missed for his amiable personality and demonstrated organisational ability.
“This is quite sad. But we cannot question God.
“Our prayer is that God will give his family the fortitude to bare the irreparable loss”, the statement added.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
Kevin Mike Drags Belinda Effah, Fred Ebere to ‘House 10’
Amosun:Tinpot Emperor by Sam Omatseye
Clergyman Defiles Teenager in Lagos
Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe
Actor Baba Suwe Is Sick And Dying As His Colleagues Abandon Him
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
- Norway's Prime Minister, H. E. Erna Solberg, at the African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa 9-10 February 2019 February 18, 2019
- UAE leaders condole Egypt's president over victims of Sinai terror attack February 18, 2019
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) Egyptian Cotton Project to Pilot Cotton Sustainability Drive February 18, 2019
- Invitation to workshop and press conference on Comprehensive Action Plan to prevent grave violations against children in South Sudan February 18, 2019
Uncategorized3 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized3 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23