Some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly have started their defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC), as leadership crisis rocks the state’s chapter of the PDP.
This is just as the party has inaugurated a seven-member committee to look into the allegation of anti-party activities levelled against some members of the House of Assembly.
The State Chairman, Mr Gboyega Oguntuase, who inaugurated the committee with a charge to do the assignment without fear of favour, said the constitution of the party must guide the panel in its decisions.
However, as the panel listed Honourables Posi Omodara, Segun Adewumi, Fajana Ojo Ade, Badejo Anifowose, Olayode Omotoso, Cecelia Dada and Olanrewaju Olayanju to appear before it on Tuesday, the affected lawmakers have perfected plans to start defecting to the APC.
Dada, one of the two female lawmakers and a former staunch supporter of former Governor Ayodele Fayose, on Monday announced her defection from the PDP.
It was gathered that other lawmakers who have been sitting on the fence would follow suit.
The crisis in the party is due to the fight for supremacy between Fayose and Senator Abiodun Olujimi.
Both are claiming to be the authentic leader of the party in the state.
The situation is affecting the preparations of the party for the coming general elections.
Fayose has even taken to the social media to campaign against the re-election of Olujimi to the Senate.
Incidentally, Olujimi served as a deputy to Fayose during his first term in office
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23