The Kogi State Police Command has rated the administration of Governor Yahaya Bello high on issues of security in the state.
In a chat with members of the Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) in his office on Thursday, the Public Relations Officer of the command, DSP Williams Ovye Aya lauded the state governor for providing patrol vans and other logistics for security operatives in the state.
DSP Aya said Kogi state is relatively peaceful when compared to what it used to be before the incumbent administration came on board. He noted that although there is no perfect security in any part of the world but there is always room for improvement.
”The state governor has been committed to ensuring adequate security of lives and properties of Kogi residents by providing all needed logistics since inception of his tenure,” he said.
However, preliminary findings by members of the Guild who are presently in the state on fact finding mission ahead of November 2019 gubernatorial election revealed that some Kogites are not happy with the Governor due to his alleged insensitivity to plight of workers which they say have greatly affected economic activities in the state.
Speaking on the ongoing investigation, the President of the Guild, Mr. Wale Abydeen disclosed that over 10,000 copies of questionnaire is being administered across the 21 local government areas of the state.
”We are on a fact-finding mission in Kogi state to assess the impact or otherwise of the Governor Yahaya Bello’s administration on the people of the state.
He noted that the Guild, in the course of its mission, will meet different interest groups including Labour Unions, Pensioners, Traditional rulers, Market women, traders, political parties and government functionaries to get firsthand information.
According to him, efforts to get reactions of Kogi government through its appointees has not yielded fruits at as the time of filing this report.
Apostle Omotosho Tope Joseph Celebrates Birthday
‘Naira Marley hasn’t been released – EFCC debunks rumours
Billionaire Tonye Cole’s Sahara Energy Declared Bankrupt Over N15b Debt
Gardner Beats SS3 Student to death in Lagos
I was wrongly detained unlawfully for 37days in police custody over what I never knew anything about… Hon Prince Ewenla
Cover Of The Week
- Invitation to the screening of an animated film Adama May 20, 2019
- Webinar: Project Opportunities in South Africa’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Market May 20, 2019
- Oral statement to Parliament on the Ebola crisis in DR Congo May 20, 2019
- UAE condemns terrorist attack on tourist bus in Cairo May 20, 2019
- UPDATED: Guterres condemns armed attack against UN peacekeepers in Mali May 20, 2019
- U.S. Firms will not be left behind as Energy Investments pick up in Angola’s Oil Sector May 20, 2019
- The Sudan - Impact of Early Warning Early Action May 20, 2019
- Somalia: $710 million needed to scale up drought response and avert a major crisis May 20, 2019
- Photo Exhibition on Fatherhood in Egypt and Sweden at Bibliotheca Alexandrina May 20, 2019
- U.S. Embassy, National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) hold Communications Workshop for Political Parties May 20, 2019
Uncategorized3 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
BREAKING! 2018 YORUBA MOVIE GIST AWARDS NOMINEES LIST FINALLY OUT
Crime1 month ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others