He said this at a special sermon to mark his 55th birthday. Joshua was born June 12, 1963 in Arigidi, Ondo State.
To celebrate the occasion, he released unseen footage of his early life and ministry, revealing his impoverished upbringing.
“Who are we celebrating? Don’t forget – he is not a superstar but a man of the people,” Joshua told congregants, adding that people should see his birthday as an opportunity to help “those who need them”.
Explaining his mysterious birth, Joshua stated that he spent fifteen months in his mother’s womb before she finally delivered him at Egbe Hospital in Kogi State, Nigeria.
The cleric also recalled his near death experience as a baby in which he was almost crushed by a rock which fell through the roof of his house from a nearby construction site.
“Miraculously, the baby was not touched but found saved on the other side of the net where he was lying,” Joshua explained, showing congregants the exact rock which had been preserved.
He said guests who witnessed the incident gave a string of names to the baby, including ‘Temitope’ which was eventually adopted by the family.
“I found myself in a simple and humble family background. I mean, lacking basic means of life,”the cleric described of his upbringing, showing pictures of the tiny, dishevelled house he was brought up in.
“I was a baby before the death of my father. Consequently, I knew nothing about my late father and the entire family burden rested squarely on my mother’s shoulders,” he added.
The renowned preacher paid a special tribute to his late mother, “who always advised me to look into my love walk”.
The cleric added further details about the “epileptic fits” he encountered in his education.
“I attended six different colleges in less than one year,” he recounted, mentioning the academic institutions.
“This record is not a way of saying I have arrived but to encourage the weak – those without fast legs or human help – that there is hope, and Jesus is the hope,” Joshua stressed, adding that further records of his early life would be released on subsequent birthday celebrations.
“Concentrate on your future. What you are going through is a preparation for your future, a bridge to your future”
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours