It appears that the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) has cancelled the compulsory one-year orientation exercise embarked on by David ‘Davido’ Adeleke.
The ‘Fall’ singer said the scheme cancelled his service in a comment on Instagram.
Reacting to a post made by Adesegun Adeosun, Nigerian music promoter better known as Smade who just finished his three-week NYSC orientation program, and got a letter of recommendation Davido wrote “Naso dem cancel my own”.
The 26-year-old singer, who graduated from Babcock University in 2015 after studying music, had registered for NYSC in 2018 Batch ‘B’ stream II corp members who were sworn in on August 30.
The NYSC programme is mandatory for all graduates to qualify for gainful employment in Nigeria.
Speaking on why he registered for the scheme, Davido said he was tying all loose ends.
“I am a youth and I am delighted to serve my fatherland,” he said at his swearing-in ceremony.
“NYSC is also a leadership development programme and since I will not remain a youth forever, I have to start preparing myself for the future.”
After promising to take part in all camp activities, the ‘FIA’ singer cancelled his US tour that was scheduled to hold in September for NYSC commitments.
“Due to scheduling conflicts and NYSC commitments in Nigeria, the remaining dates for the Davido Locked Up Tour has been cancelled. Refunds will be made available at point of purchase.”
There had been questions if the singer broke NYSC bye-laws by campaigning for his uncle, Ademola Adeleke, during the Osun governorship elections.
There has been no official statement from the scheme disputing or confirming the action.
However, it will be recalled that recently, Davido was out of the country for some weeks for shows and this is totally against the NYSC Bye-law.
”Not travel outside Nigeria without the written permission of the Director-General
- Any member who travels outside Nigeria without the written permission of the Director-General shall be tried by the Corps Disciplinary Committee and, if found guilty, be liable to extension of service without pay double the period of absence”
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23