Founder of Christ Embassy church, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is known for his vibrancy when it comes to healing. He has healed and delivered a lot of people from lot of diseases and physical disability.
However, one of his church members has come out to accuse him of staging miracles as the person was contacted by the church to help them fake a miracle which the member turned down.
According to a report by South Africa’s Sowetan, followers have said that he has been hiring people to pretend to be sick and disabled and then “be healed” during his television shows and public prayer meetings.
“I was offered R10 000 to rehearse and pretend to be in a wheelchair three weeks before the all-night prayer called Night of Bliss at the Johannesburg Stadium,” the newspaper quoted a member of the church.
“The pastor told me that they were looking for people to work for the church. He said that I was going to sit in a wheelchair and be wheeled around while pretending to be physically ill. I would then stand up and walk as soon as Pastor Chris stopped praying for me.
“Even children who are healthy are whisked around in wheelchairs. Some use crutches. Everyone is allocated a person who tells the congregation about your background, your specific illness and suffering.
“The pastor then raises his hands and places them maybe on your legs if you cannot walk, and a few seconds later you get up and walk around the room,” the source said. He claimed he called the church the day after their offer and turned them down.“I just told myself that using the word of God to lie to desperate people is immoral, so I refused to take up their offer.”
Also speaking about the pay-for-miracle, another worshiper of the church, said:
“When he started healing people, I did not see him call anyone from the audience. The people that he ‘healed’ came from a certain section of the audience and it looked like he came with them especially for the event.“
I saw a lot of people in wheelchairs leaving the venue who had not been healed. It was very sad.”
It would be recalled that the Televangelist is currently facing trouble in South Africa over his refusal to release his financial records so far
Hon Orji: Why inec should Declare Me Winner
Anti- robbery Squad nabs 2 traffic robbers in Lagos
May the Blood of Christ not Flow in Vain By Engr. Akinbola Fatiregun
‘Welcome home king’ — Jim Iyke welcomes newborn son
Assemblies of God church stops hosting of comedians nationwide
Cover Of The Week
- Killing of Egyptian peacekeeper in Mali ‘may constitute war crimes’ Guterres warns, urging ‘swift action’ April 22, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on Mali April 22, 2019
- Her Majesty the Queen's Cooperation Trip to Mozambique April 22, 2019
- Zambia Rugby Hosts World Rugby Services Manager April 22, 2019
- African Energy Chamber and Oil Industry Investors Welcome South Sudan Investment Drive in South Africa April 21, 2019
- Masinde Muliro storm into the Nakuru10s Cup Quarterfinals April 21, 2019
- The unexpected victory of the Malagasy facing Zimbabwe, host of the competition April 21, 2019
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime2 weeks ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move