The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress APC, Bola Tinubu, yesterday alleged that some Senators were planning to impeach President Buhari. Tinubu made the allegation when he spoke at the Ikot Ekpene township stadium in Akwa Ibom where the formal defection of the immediate past Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, took place.
In his speech, Tinubu warned those that are planning the impeachment to drop the idea because it is not ”possible for a lizard to fight with an antelope”
The APC National leader took a swipe at PDP, who according to him, is resisting the change the Buhari-led government is implementing.
“We believe in government of the people, for the people and by the people; but the conservatives believe in government of sharing. We say Nigerian money belongs to Nigerians. We say Nigerians must be given development. We believe in investing in the people. But they believe in sharing and looting the money. Today, we are aspiring in our vision, but the Peoples Democratic Party has no vision. They believe in sharing and looting the treasury. Today, Buhari says we must change; we must account for Nigeria’s money, but they are resisting” he said
He expressed happiness that Akwa Ibom had embraced the change of Buhari.
“With the present posture of the state, it “shall sweep the evil out with the broom,’’ Tinubu said.
Quoting what appears to be a passage from the Bible’s Book of Isaiah Chapter 14 verse 23, Tinubu, a Muslim, said, “The people in the city shall be swept away with brooms.’’
The Bible verse actually reads, “I will make Babylon a desolate place of owls, filled with swamps and marshes. I will sweep the land with the broom of destruction. I, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken!” (New Living Translation)
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours