Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, a member of Standard Bank Group, has announced a gross earnings of N58.7 billion for the first quarter of 2019 as it released its unaudited financial results for the period to the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The financial report, which was released to the Exchange on Friday (26/4/2019), showed the group grew its topline earnings for the first three months to 31 March 2019 to N58.7 billion, compared with the N57.4 billion it achieved in the same period of 2018. The group achieved profit before tax of N23.5 billion and profit after tax of N19.2 billion.
The result showed that the group’s liquidity position remained robust. Liquidity ratio increased to 130.06% compared with the 110.68% achieved in December 2018. This ratio is well above the regulatory minimum requirement of 30% and is an indication that the group is strong enough to continue to meet its liquidity obligations in a timely manner. Net interest income of N20.2 billion compared with N18.9 billion in March of 2018 is a 7% improvement year-on-year. While total assets decreased marginally by 5% to N1,579.5 billion as against N1,663.7 billion in December 2018, gross non-performing loans slightly improved to N17.5 billion compared to N17.7 billion in December 2018.
The Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Mr Yinka Sanni, said the slowdown in economic activities as well as the socio-political environment impacted the results. “The operating environment in the first quarter of this year was challenging evidenced by the slowdown in economic activities which were impacted by the socio-political environment leading to muted client activity. These factors affected the growth pace of our overall business volumes and earnings,” Sanni said.
According to the CE, the group achieved a resilient performance despite the challenging environment. Sanni is optimistic that economic activities will improve over the rest of the year and the group is well positioned to take advantage when it does. “We will continue to leverage our universal financial services capability to ensure delivery on our Guidance for 2019,” Sanni assured.
Yoruba Youth knock Tinubu over attack on Obasanjo; says former governor has dumped Asiwaju for Jagaban title
Apostle Omotosho Tope Joseph Celebrates Birthday
‘Naira Marley hasn’t been released – EFCC debunks rumours
Billionaire Tonye Cole’s Sahara Energy Declared Bankrupt Over N15b Debt
Gardner Beats SS3 Student to death in Lagos
Cover Of The Week
- Kaspersky Lab to Open Office in Kigali, Rwanda to Boost its Presence in East Africa May 21, 2019
- Invitation to the screening of an animated film Adama May 20, 2019
- Webinar: Project Opportunities in South Africa’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Market May 20, 2019
- Oral statement to Parliament on the Ebola crisis in DR Congo May 20, 2019
- UAE condemns terrorist attack on tourist bus in Cairo May 20, 2019
- UPDATED: Guterres condemns armed attack against UN peacekeepers in Mali May 20, 2019
- U.S. Firms will not be left behind as Energy Investments pick up in Angola’s Oil Sector May 20, 2019
- The Sudan - Impact of Early Warning Early Action May 20, 2019
- Somalia: $710 million needed to scale up drought response and avert a major crisis May 20, 2019
- Photo Exhibition on Fatherhood in Egypt and Sweden at Bibliotheca Alexandrina May 20, 2019
Uncategorized3 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
BREAKING! 2018 YORUBA MOVIE GIST AWARDS NOMINEES LIST FINALLY OUT
Crime1 month ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others