In recognition of its position as Nigeria’s leading investment banking institution, Stanbic IBTC has won four awards in different categories in the 2018 Emeafinance African Banking Awards. The diadems: ‘Best Foreign Investment Bank,’ ‘Best Debt House’, ‘Best Equity House’ and ‘Best Loan House,’ were won through Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited, a member of the Stanbic IBTC Group.
According to the organizers, the annual awards, now in its 11th edition, recognizes the achievements of the best commercial and investment banks as well as asset management and brokerage operations on the African continent. It particularly focuses special attention on banks that are moving the industry forward through new and innovative products and services, excellence in investment banking, as well as increasing the number of banked individuals, and giving back to the community through corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Overall, the Standard Bank Group, to which Stanbic IBTC belongs, won 23 awards at the African Banking Awards 2018 in various markets, including the Best Investment Bank in Africa, which it is winning for 11th consecutive year. The awards presentation ceremony holds on Thursday 6 December, 2018 at the Law Society in London, UK.
Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Mr Yinka Sanni, said the performance of the Standard Bank Group is a reflection of its pervasive footprint across Africa, riding on the back of experience and expertise garnered in over 155 years of existence. The Standard Bank Group has strategic representation in 20 countries across Africa and other emerging markets.
According to Sanni, the award is a demonstration of the growing hunger and capacity of Stanbic IBTC, drawing on Standard Bank’s expertise, to provide game-changing financial and advisory solutions to clients across market segments. “We are delighted to be recognized as the foremost investment bank in Nigeria and Africa. The award speaks to our implacable commitment to deliver innovative investment banking solutions to clients across various sectors,” Sanni said.
Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited, Funso Akere, who described the feat as particularly uplifting, expressed appreciation to Stanbic IBTC’s clients for the opportunity to advise them on complex M&A transactions, capital raising and debt financing. He assured them that Stanbic IBTC will continue to deliver innovative and best-in-class solutions.
Among others, Stanbic IBTC Capital earlier this year served as advisor to Dangote Cement Plc on a N50 billion Series 1 and 2 commercial paper issuance, the largest ever CP issuance by a Nigerian company, which was oversubscribed. The company also advised on deals in the first half of 2018 for other clients including Nigerian Breweries Plc, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, UAC of Nigeria Plc, Presco Plc, Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company Plc, Dufil Prima Foods PLC, Sterling Bank Plc, Novare and Actis.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23