The media is awash with the baseless lies from Audu Ogbe, Nigerian Agriculture Minister, that Thailand Rice sales dropped because Nigerians are Producing their Own Rice. NOTE:-
1] This news is an unfounded lie as Nigeria in 2017 is the 2nd highest Importer of Rice in the world from 10th in 2014.
2] Nigeria Imported 3 million Metric Tonnes (mt) of Rice in 2017, double the figure imported by the whole of European Union.
3] If Nigeria produces enough rice the price should have crashed below N7,400 it was in May 2015.
4] Nigerian Importers are buying from Vietnam which has a lower grade Rice because of Fall in Naira Value. In 2017, Nigeria imported 1.5m mt out their 1.9m mt imports.
5] Thailand did not complain about Nigeria, but Audu Ogbe like other Nigerian Ministers fabricated that story. He refused to tell Nigerians that our Import from Vietnam jumped to 63%.
6] Audu Ogbe’s lies does not reflect the situation in Nigeria or the International record of Rice Export and Import data for 2017.
7] Thailand Had a Flooding in 2017 and that has a slight drop (3%-4%) in their production in and their production has stabilized in las few months.
BURSTING THEIR LIES IS MY HOBBY. – Chidi Cali
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours