Sadly, suspected political thugs belonging to opposition parties in Ogun state at the weekend attacked the campaign team of the governorship candidate, Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Ogun State, Otunba Rotimi Paseda.
The fracas which lasted for about 10 minutes saw party faithful and onlookers scampering for safety.
Crisis erupted when the SDP flag bearer was addressing the mammoth crowd, some unidentified thugs suspected to be oppositions stormed the venue shouting opposition slogan.
The situation became uncontrollable when the guards at the event prevented the thugs from taking over the stage, a development which led to sporadic shooting into the air by the thugs.
Gift items such as gas cooker, sewing machine, hair dryer, refrigerator brought to the venue for empowerment were taken away by the thugs.
The ugly development brought the campaign programme to an abrupt end, as security operatives whisked away the gubernatorial candidate and other VIP at the event.
Reacting to the incident, the SDP governorship candidate explained that, the attack was premeditated by unnamed opposition candidate.
Paseda noted that he was never attacked before, saying the latest developments proved that he has become a threat with his growing popularity to opposition parties in the state.
He however, commended the Nigeria Police attached to Ijebu Ode for responding swiftly to dispersed the thugs without anybody being injured.
His words, “In my state most especially my senatorial districts we have never been attack before, we are very peaceful, I only associate with peace.
“I think we started the campaign very fine until we saw a set of people who are not our party members. We try to manage and calm them but they are shouting opposition slogans and the way it was done I think it was a coup plan because I’ve never see that before attacking our campaign.
“We have permission to the campaign at that spot and the police, TRACE, Vigilante and Civil Defence officers were on ground, but I thank God nobody died.
“I think we need to commend the Police because they have really step up their game by bringing the situation under control and ensure everybody’s safety.
“I will personally lodge a complain to the Commissioner of Police on Monday to ensure tight security at our campaign ground to ensure safety of our members and the electorate “.
Yike releases new single ‘Holy Water’
8 trailer load of rice, 23 vehicles, others intercepted by Seme command
Video: Police arrest Don Jazzy’s boys DNA twins in Lekki
Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft ‘Anuli Peggy Onyema’ Acquired By Air Peace
ChinneyLove Eze Hosts Celebrities to Pre-Release Party of ‘Hire A Woman’ Movie (Exclusive Pictures)
Cover Of The Week
- Dr Jackie King wins prestigious Stockholm Water Prize March 21, 2019
- African countries can do better with improved fiscal policy, says Songwe March 21, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Completes the Last Review of Extended Credit Facility for Ghana March 21, 2019
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities reviews the Report of Senegal March 21, 2019
- WHO sending urgent health assistance after Cyclone Idai displaces thousands of people in Southern Africa March 20, 2019
- Africa Climate Week Signals Continent’s Huge Investment Opportunity March 20, 2019
- Cyclone Idai: UN allocates $20 million in emergency funding, as full extent of disaster continues to emerge March 20, 2019
- FAO and Ministry of Agriculture Formulating Future Scenarios 2050 of Livestock Production Systems March 20, 2019
- UK to provide extra £12 million in UK aid for survivors of Cyclone Idai March 20, 2019
- South Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum Encourages Refiners and Traders to Take Part in Upcoming Crude Tenders March 20, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours