THE United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Stuart Symington has urged the President Muhammadu Buhari led administration to treat Nigerians as equals irrespective of their ethnic back ground so as to ensure peace and unity of the nation.
The Ambassador stated this in Benin City when he was hosted by Governor Godwin Obaseki at a dinner. He was in Benin City for an exhibition of photographs by Chief S. O. Alonge, a photographer of the Royal Court of Benin, organised by the United States Diplomatic Mission and the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African Art at the National Museum, Benin City, Edo State.
Mr. Symington who also paid a visit to the Internally Displaced Peoples camp in Ohugua, Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo state said with Nigeria’s population projected to climb to 450 million by 2050 amid concerns of rising youth restiveness and other socio-economic implications, the country would stand a better chance to exploit its potential by giving priority to justice administration, girl-child education and delivery of good governance.
According to him, despite the challenges that may come with a huge population, the onus lies on Nigerian leaders to carve a positive narrative for the country by being benevolent in handling issues of development and justice administration, adding that there was need to embrace everyone irrespective of where they come from, as members of a united Nigeria.
Adron Homes Unveils SuperStar Musician Yinka Ayefele as Brand Ambassador
First Bank Splashes Scholarships Worth N2.7m On 18 Customers
Multiple birth is difficult in rearing, seek for support. .., IWS president
IGANDO HOUSING SCHEME, SANGOTEDO, OTHERS READY IN SIX MONTHS- AMBODE
LEGALITY OF MARIJUANA IN NIGERIA: A LEGAL OPINION -Kayode Ajulo, PhD
Cover Of The Week
- Committee Against Torture closes Sixty-Sixth Session May 17, 2019
- UNMISS gives a boost to judicial processes in the Jonglei area (Gideon Sackitey) May 17, 2019
- South Sudan Situation Report, 17 May 2019 May 17, 2019
- Global platform on disaster risk reduction: we need a drastic change of course May 17, 2019
- The United Nations Office for West Africa and the Sahel (UNOWAS) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) reinforce cooperation to empower women peacebuilders in the region May 17, 2019
- UAE helps release of four civilians held captive in Libya May 17, 2019
- H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed receives South African counterpart May 17, 2019
- U.S. State Department hosts “Ethiopia Partnership Forum” May 17, 2019
- Mitigating displacement due to Climate Change, Disasters a Risk Reduction Priority, International Organization for Migration (IOM) says May 17, 2019
- Minister of State Müntefering on the return of the Stone Cross of Cape Cross to Namibia May 17, 2019
Uncategorized3 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
BREAKING! 2018 YORUBA MOVIE GIST AWARDS NOMINEES LIST FINALLY OUT
Crime1 month ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others