….El-Rufai, Adeosun honour 40 years consistent tax payer in Kaduna
The Honourable Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has advised tax payers to demand for written notice when they receive phone calls from tax officials.
She gave this advice in response to the activities of some fake tax officials alleging to be officials of the Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS).
In a statement on Sunday, the Minister said, “My attention has been drawn to reports of some unidentified tax officials requesting for bank details and address of tax payers.
“If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from the Tax Office, do not panic. Ask them to send you a written notice. Do not provide any details like your address or bank details,” she urged.
Meanwhile, the Executive Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai and the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has honoured a consistent tax payer, Elder Lema Jibrin.
Jibrin was honoured during the Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS) Sensitisation programme in Kaduna last Thursday.
The Kaduna State Governor noted that Jibrin had consistently paid tax to the government for 40 years.
“Elder Lema Jibrin, the Dan Iyan Katsina, is the most tax compliant Nigerian. He has been paying his taxes consistently for 40 years and has not relented or evaded the payment of taxes,” el-Rufai said.
Adeosun praised Elder Jibrin for his consistency and diligence in tax payment, and urged tax payers to utilise the amnesty programme of the Federal Government to regularise their tax profiles.
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours